Test Drive: Ford EcoSport Cross Canada Tour
28+ Cities & Towns
1 Ford EcoSport
Ford Canada recently launched their 2018 Ford EcoSport to the world, and they took the celebration nation-wide by driving the car from coast to coast!
The drive was split into 17 sections with a photographer/blogger/creator hired for each leg of the tour. When I got the email asking to take on the drive from Thunder Bay to Winnipeg, it was a huge "HECK YES" for me.
I flew from Vancouver to Thunder Bay with my outrageously hilarious road trip partner, Ariel. We picked up our car and got straight to our adventure.
Confession: we had never travelled to Thunder Bay before, so we spent the first day exploring the area before continuing the drive west towards Winnipeg and passing through the centre point of the country.
If you're doing the drive yourself, I recommend hitting these spots:
- Terry Fox Monument, Thunder Bay
- Sleeping Giant Provincial Park, Thunder Bay
- Amethyst Mine Panorama, Thunder Bay
- Canada's longest suspension bridge: Eagle Canyon, Thunder Bay
- Ouimet Canyon Provincial Park, Thunder Bay
- Kakabeka Falls, Thunder Bay
- Kenora/Lake Of The Woods
- Centre Of Canada (just outside of Winnipeg)
- Human Rights Museum, Winnipeg
- The Forks, Winnipeg
K, But Tell Us About The Car.
One of my favourite thing about the Ford EcoSport was how easy it was for me to stay connected! No, I'm not talking distracted driving here - but as a freelancer with clients on monthly retainers, being connected during this road trip was essential for me.
The car comes with a built in hot spot, a TON of plugs and Apple Car Play. Working from the road (or should I say side of the road?) was super easy!
Some other features that I totally loved about the car:
- Voice activated, 8 Inch touch screen
- FordPass App that allows you to find and compare parking and gas prices along your route
- Built in GPS
- Auto start + stop
- Blind spot information system
- MyKey technology lets you program individual keys so that two members of a household can share a car, yet have personalized settings take effect when they use their unique keys.
Ford Canada left us with two Go Pros to document the trip. We left them with a lot of embarassing moments...
This blog was written in partnership with Ford Canada.